Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Soul'd Out and Awesome Quotes From the Band

As I've mentioned before, I absolutely love to sing. What I didn't mention was that I'm in a band at my church. We're called Soul'd Out, and my reason for not mentioning us before was a good one. All of our musicians (instrumental ones, not singers) will be graduating this year. We thought our final performance was back in March, (before I started this blog) and so I didn't see the need to mention it right away.
So, why, you ask, is it coming up now?
Well, it just so happens that we (Soul'd Out) are teaming up with our adult praise band for one last gig. We'll be practicing tonight, and playing on Sunday.
I've been looking forward to this night for quite some time. :)
Sad to say, not all 7 of us are able to make it, but that's okay.
The two members that remain from the original 6 member band (one being me) will be there tonight. I'm betting this will be bittersweet for both of us. (Oh, two other members are coming, it won't be just two of us. Lol.)
I hoping that events of the past few days will not affect our practice time. Let's not go into specifics, though, okay?
So, here's a little blurb I need to post regarding Soul'd Out:
I have loved being a part of this for the last 3 years. I'm incredibly sad to see it come to an end, but also know that this can open up some new doors. I absolutely love all the people that sing and play with me in the band. We've gone from rock bottom to almost at the top of the hill. I've enjoyed seeing us learn and grow. The current members (or, the final 6 other members besides me) are some of my best friends in the world. We've had some annoying and untalented people in the past, ( no names, guys!) but we've worked out way up. We've had some extremely hilarious times together, and I will never forget any of my time spent with these guys. I love you all. :D
Anywho, that's pretty much all I have to say about that.
Farewell, darlings!
Megs ♥
-----------------------------------------------------------
Some random quotes from band practices/performances: (only the band will know what I mean ;))
-JJ: "You're a party pooper!"
Me:"No I'm not!"
N: "God. God. God. God. Goooooddd. I love God!"

-N:"Sweet! I'll be on drums!"
Me:"Uh, no you won't!"

-Me:"Dude, I can't sing like a guy."

-CD:"Megan, I had no idea you could belt it out like that!"
Me:"Well, you know..."
K:"Holy cow! Where the heck did THAT come from!?"

-K:"You named your guitars?"
JH: Heck yes, Alberta here's mah baby."
K:"Alrighty then...What's yours named?"
N: "Francesca. "
K: "French Esta?"
Me: "FRAN CHES CA!"

-Me:"Please don't let them do the Bullfight while I'm gone. It's Christmas, for crying out loud!"
*Runs back 30 seconds later*
"...You let them do the Bullfight."
JJ: "Yeah, well, they...yeah."

-N:"So...how are you guys today?"
HW:"Delicious."

:D Lol.

No comments: