Days till Christmas
Some interesting Christmas facts I found:
- In 1836, Alabama became the first state in the USA to declare Christmas a legal holiday. In 1907, Oklahoma became the last USA state to declare Christmas a legal holiday.
- An artificial spider and web are often included in the decorations on Ukrainian Christmas trees. A spider web found on Christmas morning is believed to bring good luck.
- Taffy making on Christmas Eve was one of the most important festive traditions of the Welsh.
- The world’s biggest Christmas tree (76 m high) was put up in America in 1950.
- In India, they decorate banana trees at Christmas time.
- Real Christmas trees are an all-American product, grown in all 50 states, including Alaska and Hawaii.
- Silent night" was written for a choir when the church organ broke down.
- More than three billion Christmas cards are sent annually in the United States.
- A traditional Christmas dinner in early England was the head of a pig prepared with mustard.
- According to tradition, giving a lump of coal in the stockings of naughty children comes from Italy