Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: Day 6

I have spoken of many optimistic, happy things since I started this series of posts. (Mostly)
This does not suprise most of you, as most of you know me or have read enough of my posts to know that I am an incredibly happy and optimistic person. It's just who I am, and who I will always be.

Now, despite all the happiness the Christmas season brings, there are, unfortunately, some sad things that happen.
I refuse to ignore the fact.
You, my dear reader, and I both know that people will go hungry this Christmas.
Loved ones will pass this season.
People will grieve.
Pain will be felt.
Crimes will be comitted.

Maybe, you, too, are annoyed by the people that look at these kinds of things around this time and say, "But it's CHRISTMAS!"
Um, and your point is?

I don't want to seem like a total downer here, but I also don't want to come off as a "OMG isn't teh world just wonerfuls at Christmastime?? :D" kind of person.

Stuff happens, and it's not just gonna sit there because it's December.
Duh.

Okay, Megs, what's your point? (I have got to stop talking to myself... ;) )

I just want us to keep in mind that everything is not alright in the world simply because Christmas is drawing nearer. I want us to see the pain that DOES happen and (hopefully) DO something about it. Donate some food to feed a hungry family in your community, or some money to buy a child a present for Christmas. (Or a new toy, for Toys for Tots)

Please?

Megs ♥

No comments: