Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Driving is Much Harder than Riding a Bike, Part 1

Today was my first time driving in my driver's ed class.
Before I tell you the story, please promise you won't laugh at me.
Okay, you don't have to promise, but I don't want any teasing when I see you next, okay??
Okay.
So when it was my turn to drive the car (Which was not one of those nice, small cars, but the bigger one that we had gotten) I went around the front like I was supposed to, got in, checked my mirrors, turned the car on, and put it in drive. Only the car wouldn't go. At all. My very intimidating instructor, (Who was freaking me out more than I already had been when I got to school at 7:30 this morning)  Mr. Kelly told me to do my pre-driving checks. I told him I did, but he repeated himself. Then I realized I hadn't buckled myself in. Mr. Kelly had been holding his break so the car wouldn't move until I did so. Oy vey.** So anyway, the rest of my drive went pretty well, except for a few turning issues. But yeah. I'm only human, right?
Mr. Kelly, by the way, will be my range instructor for the remainder of my class, and Mr. Powers, (Who is by far less intimidating and loves me :) ) will be my normal drive instructor.
Now that you know that, let's move on to the actual class.
Mr. Evans is a good guy, really. He just talks WAY too much and tends to ramble on and go off topic to tell us a random, boring story.
Wow, I kinda hope he doesn't read this.
((If you do, Mr. E, I'm sorry, but you do talk a lot. :) ))
Anywho, we have about a two hour class with him. ERG. As much as I want to drive, I'd much rather skip the notes and bookwork.
Yes, bookwork.

As for the title of my post, I took a bike ride with my brother a little while ago.
That was MUCH easier than driving the car today.

I'll be chronicling my amazing *rolls eyes* driver's ed experience for the next few days, so be on the lookout for a new post tomorrow. :)

Your nervous driver,
Megs ♥

**In 8th grade, I was in a play where I had to play a first-time driver who was very nervous...to the point where she froze up, cried, and din't actually get to drive. I wasn't as nervous as my character, Nellie, today, but I was pretty darn close. Lol. :)

No comments: