Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving and The Three Fs.

Lately, the talk of the town has been of Thanksgiving and all things related. Not suprising, as Thanksgiving is, of course, tomorrow. Now, if you didn't know that, you're either (a) very young and unable to understand the strange symbols in front of you, let alone the concept of Thanksgiving, or (b) have had your head in the sand ever since you were born.
However, for those of you that do know about this whole Thanksgiving thing, you know that we are asked around this time of year by at least one person what we happen to be thankful for. I for one, have been asked several times. Each time, I have given the same answer: I am thankful for my three Fs. Now, before you let your imagination to run wild on that statement, let me say that the following explanation of the three Fs will be the same as I have given twice to my creative writing teacher, and three other times to my peers, and none of those people have freaked out that I have "three Fs"...mostly because they know me well enough to know what I mean. (I can also use this blog post and refer anyone else who asks me the question to it! Mwahaha, I'm so devious. Can you imagine? "Hey Megs, what are you thankful for?" "Why don't you read my latest blog post and find out?")
Anyway, yes. The three Fs. Faith, Family, and Friends. They may seem like broad topics, but just chill, okay? I'm getting there.

Why I am Thankful for My Faith: I would be nothing without it, to put it simply. God is my everything, and no one can ever take that away from me. I don't care what arguements you have, or whatever else you want to bombard me with. I will not waiver. I told you all right of the bat that I was a Christian,100%, no doubt about it. But besides that point, I take comfort in knowing that I am never alone in anything I do.

Why I am Thankful for My Family: This one should be pretty obvious, but alright. My family is always ther for me, backing me up in whatever endevor I take on, be it drama, choir, or something even more crazy, and I am so greatful for that. Though my family is crazy, they're definitely crazy in the best possible way, and I love them. (Oh, and who doesn't love living with foodies??)

Why I am Thankful for My Friends: I think I've said it a few times before, but I have the greatest friends in the world. Really. I dare you to find people as loving, caring, crazy, random, playful, fun, and loyal as my friends. I am truly, truly blessed to have them. I love them just as much as I love my family. They are my family...sort of.

So, there you have it. My three Fs.
Oh, and I should probably add that I'm thankful for you, my readers...though most of you are my friends and family anyway, haha.

I hope you all have a wonderful, happy, safe, fun-filled Thanksgiving, and you enjoy the time you have with your families!
Megs ♥

No comments: