Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: Day 4

((I'm sorry I didn't get this done yesterday, I was sick.))

A Christmas Haiku
By Megan

A bright star above
Announces the savior's birth
Angels sing their praise


Can you imagine being one of those sheperds on that night? I mean, here you are, sitting on a hill and watching your sheep eat some grass, when all of a sudden, BAM! There's a group of crazy bright angel people floating in front of you! Why in the world would they be here?? Plus, as if that wasn't enough, they're telling you that the son of  God is going to be born in some faraway town, and you're supposed to go see him! Uh huh, right. you think, because I'm totally worth the dust on the feet of God's son.

But of course, I doubt a sheperd back in those times used words like 'totally'.
...Not my point.

You see, though the sheperds may have thought they were lowly in God's eyes, they weren't. Why would God have sent angels to them if they were just some random sheperds that He didn't give a flying fig newton about? Why were they chosen to go, see this baby, and tell everyone about him?

Um, hello? God's not the kind to pick and choose who he wants to love and care about.

I am thankful for that.
Because sometimes, I feel like those sheperds.

Megs ♥

No comments: