Wednesday, March 9, 2011


Today didn't start off very well.
I woke up at 4 am after a night of tossing and turning, and my dad, who has been experiencing pain for close to two months now was driven to the hospital by my mom at about 4:30. ((He's fine, no worries)) I couldn't get back to sleep, Josh was worried, I wasn't sure who was going to take us to school, etc. Mom ended up coming to drive us to school a little before 7 because Dad hadn't gotten into a room yet. I get to school exhausted, not ready for the day, forgetting my necklace and rings I always wear. I felt naked. Then I realized I had forgotten a prop for my drama class skit today. Managing to barely stay awake through the first two hours of the day, I headed to drama and we did our performance...and not very well. (Or at least, I didn't think so.) As you can imagine, I had a rough morning.
"God, please." I prayed. "I just want them to ease Dad's pain, I want to make it through the day, I want to be strong. Help me."
Eating lunch didn't wake me up. When I got to choir, I was ready to collapse on the suddenly inviting-looking floor. Alas, we had Choir Festival today, and so at 1:05 I was on a bus to the music institute.
That's when my day turned around.
We watched a few choirs perform, warmed up, performed, sight read, had pictures taken, and got back on the bus. After a few minutes, our choir teacher got on the bus.
"So...he said. As you know, the best score we can get is a 24. That's like, perfection."
He paused.
"I just got our score...we got a 29."
SERIOUSLY NOW?  YESSSS!!! That's a "Superior" rating! Not an "Excellent", a FREAKING SUPERIOR!!!! :D :D We screamed with joy. I looked out the window.
"Thank you." I whispered, smiling through my still-tired eyes.
When I got back to school, I recieved a text form my mom that she had sent during our performance saying that Dad may have to stay the night. Just then, her name came up on my phone.
"Hey hun, they're releasing Dad, the doctor just saw him, so I'll pick him up after I take you home!"
Seriously? Yay! Another silent "thanks" was sent heavenward.
And finally, I got home.
"Oh, hey," Mom said. "There's a letter for you."
Opening it, I found a note from a friend form my Chrysalis Flight saying how grateful she was for me and that I was such a blessing.
Agape at it's finest.
God is good, all the time.

You are the everlasting God, you do not faint, you won't grow weary.
You're the defender of the weak, you comfort those in need. You lift us up on wings like eagles'.♥
Blessings and Agape,
Megs ♥

1 comment:

StLmom said...

Oh Megs, so happy your day turned brighter and that your dad is feeling better. Much love to you and the whole fam.