Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Of Loss, Endings, and New Beginnings

Have you ever had one of those points in your life when you sit and start to look back on the past few months, only to realize that you wish there was something more you wish you could've done?
Yeah, I've had one of those recently. But not in the way you'd think.
You see, I've lost a lot in the past couple months. Not pencils or electronics or anything like that.
In the last couple of months, I've lost two people to Cancer/Leukemia.
Right now, I want to talk about them.
(Which may be hard, because my eyes keep watering and I can't see the keyboard.)
*Pause to wipe eyes.*
Okay, I got this.
The first person I lost was EV. He wasn't related to me, but he was part of my church family. He played drums in the praise band for awhile, he painted beautiful pictures, and he had a personality like no other.
EV was diagnosed with Leukemia shortly after his dad passed away from it. (Or something similar, I'm not sure.) After awhile, EV was clear and on his way to a full recovery...
Then, all of a sudden, it was back. All of a sudeen, EV was back in the hospital. All too soon, a phonecall came saying he ight not make it through the night.
He didn't. He went home with his Savior.
We were all so shocked. I'm still shocked.

Then there was Sue. She was not related to me either, but she was almost like a grandmother figure to me. When she'd call my mom, she would talk to me, too, if I was home. She always asked how I was, how school was going, and the like.
A year or two ago, Sue had battled breast cancer and won.
The, suddenly,  it was back.
She moved away to be with her family. The last time I saw her was a short while before she and her husband moved.
A few weeks ago, we got another shocking phone call.
Sue's cancer was in her brain. She had a month to live.
A week ago today, Sue joined EV in heaven.

I miss them both terribly, and I have tried my best to rejoice for them, for there is no pain or suffering where they are. They can rest, breathe, and live on peace. It's just hard for us, left behind, to wait and see them again.
And I wish I could've said goodbye.

On a lighter note, today marked the end of my Sophomore year. I was feeling kind of sad, as I'll miss friends I don't normally see outside of school, and I'll miss singing in Acap everyday, or acting in Drama class, and much more.

However, when I got home today, and was thinking about ((D.)) all of the above, I realized my stories mark more beginnings than they do endings.
EV and Sue began a new, wonderful life in heaven.
I'm beginning my summer, and soon my Junior Year.
Thought there are many things I'm saddened by, I'm finding there are more reasons to rejoice.
Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I usually come to the same conclusion at the end of the day. (♪♫At the end of the day you're another day older...♪♫ Darn, Les Mis, get out of my head!)
The good outweighs the bad.
Thank God for that. :)

I'll se you again someday, EV and Sue. Love you both. ♥

Megs ♥

No comments: